Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s Pocket Algarve is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike the cork-, pine- and gorse-covered hills of the interior; visit the natural reserve of lagoons, wetlands and sand islands at Parque Natural da Ria Formosa; and surf at the prime beaches of the west coast. All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Algarve and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Pocket Algarve:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers: Faro, Tavira, Loule, Silves, Monchique, Lagos, Sagres, the West Coast Beaches and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Pocket Algarve is our colourful, easy to use and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, and is packed with the best sights and experiences for a short trip or weekend away.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Portugal for an in-depth guide to the country.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves, it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s everywhere, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017