Lonely Planet’s Spain is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Marvel at Modernista masterpieces in Barcelona, enjoy beachside Basque cuisine in San Sebastian, and taste sherry and flamenco in Andalucia – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Spain and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Spain:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience – covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Madrid, Barcelona, Granada, Valencia, Seville, Bilbao, Toledo, Santiago de Compostela, Castilla y Leon, Castilla-La Mancha, Catalonia, Aragon, Basque Country, Cantabria, Asturias, Extremadura, Andalucia, Murcia and more.
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Spain is our most comprehensive guide to Spain, and is designed to immerse you in the culture and help you discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
Looking for destination highlights? Check out Pocket Barcelona; Madrid; Valencia; Bilbao & San Sebastian or Ibiza, our handy-sized guides focused on the best sights and experiences for a short trip or weekend away.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves, it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s everywhere, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)