Discover South Africa, Lesotho and Swaziland with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to safari in Kruger National Park, savour the fine wines of the Western Cape or explore the village where Nelson Mandela grew up, The Rough Guide to South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland will show you ideal places to sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Inside The Rough Guide to South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland
– Independent, trusted reviews written in Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
– Full-colour maps throughout – navigate Johannesburg’s downtown shopping streets or the beachfront of Port Elizabeth without needing to get online.
– Detailed regional coverage – whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Areas covered include: Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula; The Western Cape; The Northern Cape; The Eastern Cape; the Garden Route; KwaZulu-Natal; Durban; Free State; Gauteng; Johannesburg; North West Province; Mpumalanga; Limpopo; Lesotho; Swaziland. Attractions include: Table Mountain; Robben Island; Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden; Stellenbosch; the Wild Coast; Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park; the Drakensberg mountains; Joburg’s Apartheid Museum; Blyde River Canyon; Kruger National Park.
– Stunning, inspirational images Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
– Basics – essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, crime and personal safety, and more.
– Background information – a Contexts chapter devoted to history, music and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with the Rough Guide to South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland