Meet Stillwater, a GIANT, and very zen, panda bear in this captivating picture book based on a Buddhist legend.
Addy has moved to a new neighborhood with her beloved kitten, Trumpet. They are best friends, and inseparable. But when Trumpet is hit by a car, Addy seeks her wise friend, Stillwater. She is sure he will know how to bring Trumpet back to life.
Stillwater tells Addy she will need to find a special medicine. To do this, she must go to everyone in the neighborhood and collect a cup of sugar. But there is one condition: it can only come from the home of someone who has never been touched by loss.
Addy goes from house to house. And when she returns home, Stillwater asks for her cup of sugar. But, of course, she has none. For there isn’t a person who has not felt the pain of loss.
Tuck into a reassuring story of consolation and healing, infused with light and compassion, celebrating the moments we all share with those we love.
Stillwater, the beloved Zen panda, is now in his own Apple TV+ original series!
- Stillwater, the beloved Zen panda, is now in his own Apple TV+ original series
- “A master class of picture-book storytelling.” — Kirkus Reviews, starred review
- The perfect bedtime story based on an ancient Buddhist legend, told in an engaging way for young minds
- A gentle approach for children to death
- Jon J Muth is beloved all over the world for his books about Stillwater the Panda Lush, peaceful watercolour artwork brings this story of a friendly panda to life